Monday Morning Floods : No Deaths Recorded So Far – NADMO

0
107

The National Coordinator of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) says no deaths have so far been recorded in Monday’s heavy rains.

Many people, especially in Accra, have however been displaced and personnel of the disaster management organization have been deployed to areas including Kasoa, Asharley Botwe and Taifa to assist distressed people.

Deputy National Coordinator of NADMO, Abu Ramadan on Adom FM’s morning show, said an assessment of the flood situation shows that the extent of the devastation was “enormous”.

According to him, an Emergency Response Unit, comprising a team of national security operatives and NADMO officials are on the alert to respond swiftly to distress calls.

The NADMO Deputy Coordinator said although more rains are expected Tuesday morning, he was hopeful that there will not be any more flooding.

Abu Ramadan noted that the NADMO assessment on Tuesday morning also revealed the flood was caused by man-made activities such as choked drains that have come about as a result of poor disposal of rubbish.

He appealed to the media to help them educate the citizenry living in flood-prone areas to move to save zones when the rains begin.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here